Monday, October 18, 2010

Pictures

With how much I write, I don't think I post enough pictures. So in order to satisfy your insatiable desire for voyeurism . . . here's more pictures and less words.


My Hood

This is the apartment building that I live in. Good ole' Hime Tifany. Strange, all of this time I never noticed the sign in Romaji letters.


The view of my apartment from the front (or back - I don't really know which one it is. I just know that this is where I come in and go out.) I live on the second floor.



I ride down this little street every day.


This is where I park my "ride." Mine's the black one with the blue umbrella.



The creepy graveyard I have to pass by every night on my way home from work.






The driving course next door.



The main road off of my street.




A woman doing some gardening alongside the river stream gutter I don't know what it is.




The Family Mart around the corner.





The grocery store across the street from me. It's called "Co-op." Thank God for this place.




"Sir Barks A Lot" - The annoying dog in front of my apartment.



Yours truly. (I know it's blurry, but I like how brown my locs look in this picture.)



I found heaven an art store.



Visiting Bob

This guy is one of my dearest friends from High School (and one of the reasons that I came out to live in Japan in the first place.) So yeah . . . he's kind of a big deal.


I thought his living room was really cute, so I took a picture.



After trying to catch up on the past 6 years and reliving High School memories, I crashed on his futon/couch for the night.


Bob had gone to work when I woke up, but left out some coffee, cereal and this nice little note.
. . . now that's a real friend!



When I saw the "New Jersey" postcard on Bob's refrigerator, I got a little nostalgic.



A store with a very strange name.


Taking a "Me Day," visiting the local Art Museum.



Summer Festival


Strange girls at the festival who were not shy about posing for this picture.
I've seen quite a few of these kinds of ladies out here.



A Few of my Favorite Things

I caught "the cooking bug" a little before I moved out to Japan. Occasionally (despite a long day of work), I'll go home and whip up a meal. On this particular night I made spaghetti.
My kitchen is microscopic as you can see.


Every week, I have dinner with the wonderful people from my congregation.
And they. can. COOK!!!


A sister from my congregation was kind enough to bake this for me.
It's like a huge loaf of chocolate chip bread, but they were calling it a "pancake."



I'm addicted to reading and eating kakigori (shaved ice).
Every other day I go to the same Udon noodle place and order dinner and kakigori as dessert. The people get a kick out seeing me so much, but they know I'm a good customer and are always very kind.



I have wonderful friends and family who send me all kinds of awesome goodies. This is the first of many boxes I would receive.

I received some flowers from home the other day.

More pics to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment